Tuesday, November 14, 2017

REVIEW: Church of the Small Things

Church of the Small Things

The Million Little Pieces That Make Up a Life

By Melanie Shankle
Published by Zondervan

Melanie Shankle, New York Times bestselling author and writer at The Big Mama Blog tackles these questions head on in her fourth book, Church of the Small Things. Easygoing and relatable, she speaks directly to the heart of women of all ages who are longing to find significance and meaning in the normal, sometimes mundane world of driving carpool to soccer practice, attending class on their college campus, cooking meals for their family, or taking care of a sick loved one.
The million little pieces that make a life aren’t necessarily glamorous or far-reaching. But God uses some of the smallest, most ordinary acts of faithfulness—and sometimes they look a whole lot like packing lunch.
Through humorous stories told in her signature style, full of Frito pie, best friends, the love of her Me-Ma and Pa-Pa, the unexpected grace that comes when we quit trying to measure up, and a little of the best TV has to offer, Melanie helps women embrace what it means to live a simple, yet incredibly meaningful life and how to find all the beauty and laughter that lies right beneath the surface of every moment.
My Review:
I will admit this was my first reading a Melanie Shankle book, and I really have to say I love her humor, how she does not sugar coat things, and how genuine  she is and honest makes this book amazing! Melanie's stories are what i needed right now, I have been struggling to find my place these days and this gem has helped me narrow down some things for me. I have been doing little things my whole adult life and felt like my life did not matter much. But I now find myself starting to ask myself  "What is God's will for my life".? I have recently made some changes in my life that I feel was good choice because I felt my life sliding down a rabbit hole. I honestly needed this book to help me figure out my place and to keel up the work of small things, God has a purpose for me. This gem has 222 pages and I can honestly say it will take you no time at all to read this book, it is so good you will not want to put it down. 
Thank you for allowing me to review this material free, in exchange I offer my honest Opinions of the material.

No comments: