Friday, January 20, 2017

REVIEW: Breaking the Stronghold of Food


Are you sick and tired of being overweight? 
Are you fighting a losing battle with your waistline and eating yourself into the grave? 
Have you had it with feeling drained, discouraged, and run down because of obesity but find yourself enslaved to unhealthy eating habits?
Are you convinced that God has a better way, but you simply can’t break through? 

In their first-ever jointly authored book, Michael and Nancy Brown share the inspiring, practical, and humorous story of their own journey from obesity to vibrant health. If you want to break free from the stronghold of food and discover a wonderful new way of life, this book will show you the way.
 


MY REVIEW:
 Dr. Brown points out in the book, Christians in general don't look on gluttony/obesity as a sin. I realize that not everyone who is obese or overweight is a glutton, but many of us OUT THERE ARE. I have been overweight since I was about 21-22 years old I was not MAJOR over weight until I had my first daughter 11 years ago though, but I did start to pack on weight about age 21. In my early years I will admit YES I was glutton filled, but after I had my two kids and joined my church things changed a lot. I have been eating healthy, but have my BAD DAYS from time to time, but show me someone who does not. Food has always been a HARD subject for me because I have had eating disorders from childhood and have ALWAYS looked as food as BAD, all food! Just in the past 2 years I craved JUNK food BAD and just recently found out the reason I CRAVED these certain foods was because my body was trying to tell me something is wrong. I have not figures out what was wrong, and how to treat the MEDICAL side of it and to be honest it has taken away 80% of the cravings I use to have. Don't get me wrong I have been craving CHOCOLATE bad but because my Magnesium is VERY low, and it is not any chocolate, it is DARK I crave so I am now drinking " Crio Bru" VERY good for you, look it up you would be surprised ;) . I still eat it though but not as much lol. So yes I can see where FOOD is  GLUTTON and how people " Christians and non " over look the fact IT IS A SIN! 

This book is very candid in calling food addictions and overeating sin. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and instead of treating those temples with honor and care, many of us abuse our temples with too much food ( that is not good for us). If we are sinning in this way, we need to repent and turn away, just like any other kind of sin,because it is a sin!, a sin is a sin! I will be honest I have never prayed for repent for this so after reading this book I am NOW repenting for the THINGS I eat and how I eat them. 

As most of you know I started Whole30 , Paleo type eating in October 2016, yes I am NEW to this, but I have been doing HIGH protein diets for three years now! First year I lost a lot of weight then somehow gained it back them some so I stopped my diet for about 6 months ( depression set in). I am now feeling better about foods, and now seeing the right and wrong way to eat, cook, and now how to repent . 
This book will OPEN your eyes, atleast it did for me! If you would like to know more about this book please look here: http://strongholdoffood.com/

No comments: