Wednesday, November 16, 2016

REVIEW: The Illustrated Book of Sayings Curious expressions from around the world

The Illustrated Book of Sayings  Curious expressions from around the world 
By Ella Frances Sanders
From the New York Times bestselling author of Lost in Translation comes this charming illustrated collection of more than fifty expressions from around the globe that explore the nuances of language. From the hilarious and romantic to the philosophical and literal, the idioms, proverbs, and adages in The Illustrated Book of Sayings reveal the remarkable diversity, humor, and poignancy of the world's languages and cultures.







MY REVIEW:
❆❆
What a cute book! I mean really this book is filled with cute pictures , and the pictures tell the expression, but then they explain the expressions on the page next to the pictures. There are 111 pages in all, so that makes half those pages pictures and half the Country the picture belongs to explaining what the picture means( brilliant). Ok so would I buy this book, honestly no, but would I check it out at the Library, yes I would defiantly. Here are some pictures for you to see what I mean, and to get a gimps of the content a little better. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have received this material FREE in exchange I offer my honest opinion of the material I have received . 




No comments: