Sunday, September 25, 2016

REVIEW: Uninvited

UninvitedLiving Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely

By Lysa TerKeurst
Published by Thomas Nelson


Book Description

The enemy wants us to feel rejected . . . left out, lonely, and less than. When we allow him to speak lies through our rejection, he pickpockets our purpose. Cripples our courage. Dismantles our dreams. And blinds us to the beauty of Christ’s powerful love.
In Uninvited, Lysa shares her own deeply personal experiences with rejection—from the incredibly painful childhood abandonment by her father to the perceived judgment of the perfectly toned woman one elliptical over.
With biblical depth, gut-honest vulnerability, and refreshing wit, Lysa helps readers: • Release the desire to fall apart or control the actions of others by embracing God-honoring ways to process their hurt. • Know exactly what to pray for the next ten days to steady their soul and restore their confidence. • Overcome the two core fears that feed our insecurities by understanding the secret of belonging. • Stop feeling left out and start believing that "set apart" does not mean "set aside." • End the cycle of perceived rejection by refusing to turn a small incident into a full blown issue.

REVIEW:
This book is exactly what I needed! I have always struggled with my life honestly, sick all the time, a father that was never there, alcohol, smoking when I was younger, the wrong friends, feeling ugly (all the time). This book that Lysa written is a soul grabber , at least for me it was! I have started weeding my friend garden as I call it, Trying to look at myself and say I am beautiful at any stage of my life, but boy is that HARD! Something I started has been then knowing what to play about , and pray for ten days to help someone steady their soul, and to also restore their confidence, trust me it is harder than it sounds especially if you yourself have confidence issues. I have always felt "ALONE" because I am different from everyone. When I was a kid I was treated poorly, young adult my work boss treated me poorly, my father always treated me poorly, and my husband has admitted he could treat me better but doesn't. Where I am going with this is it is hard to feel good about yourself when no one in your life has ever treated half way decent, and to feel like you BELONG. I am now working on my FEARS, INSECURITIES, and trying to see I am suppose to belong, and that I am someone who is set apart from others, not someone who has been set aside. Another BIG one for me is to understand that not everything is my fault and to not blow small things into BIG things, that i going to be a tough one to concur lol. So everyone, this book is a soul grabber, you will connect with this book! I am going to be buying a copy for my mom, my sister, and I might even gift a few ladies I know that could use this book too. You can purchase this book at many book stores, but if your like me and LOVE AMAZON, you can purchase your copy from there. 
I rate is amazing book a 10, but can't really go over 5 stars lol.... so 5 stars it is!
I received this book for free in exchange I post my honest opinions about the material read.

No comments: