Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Review for "Believe" Kid's Edition


Believe Kids' EditionThink, Act, Be Like Jesus

By Edited by Randy Frazee
Published by Zondervan

I rate this ★★★★★

Book Description

Written for kids 8-12, Believe: Kid’s Edition is part of the national church-wide campaign led by bestselling author Randy Frazee that takes kids on a journey to become more like Jesus in their beliefs, actions, and character.
They know the story of the Bible, but do they know what it means? Adapted from the ground-breaking new Believe campaign from bestselling author and pastor Randy Frazee, the Believe: Kids’ Edition takes kids on a thematic tour through the Bible and shows them how to think, act, and be more like Jesus.
As children ages 8-12 walk through the three big categories of Christian life—beliefs, practices, and virtues—they’ll begin a journey that will take them closer to the heart of Jesus and deeper into the words of Scripture. They’ll learn what the Bible has to say about everything from the nature of God and the identity of Jesus, to prayer, worship, and the fruit of the Spirit. Foundational and faith-building, this book can be used by individuals or in conjunction with the all-church campaign.
My Daughter and I Review:
Believe Kid's Edition for me was amazing! I liked it better than the one for adults lol. Each chapter starts off with Key Question Key Idea and Key Verse followed by THINK ABOUT IT before going into the chapter it self. At the end of each chapter is an area called Discussion Questions where kids with their parents or other kids can talk about what they just learned. There are 30 chapters, and a total of  216 pages in all. After the 30 chapters there is a Epilogue followed by List of Bible Excerpts. Here is what my 9 year old had to say about this book. " I wish I had friends that have this book so we can learn this together. I mean doing it with my mom was OK, but I would rather do this with kids my age." So spoken from my daughter this is a very good book. I honestly would LOVE to find a few kids to do this with my daughter! 

No comments: